ss_blog_claim=0afd82687b41c67c5b04cdbc04385464 ss_blog_claim=0afd82687b41c67c5b04cdbc04385464

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

FREEDOM FROM FEAR

Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.(Luke 12:32)
Beloved! Are you living in fear? Let you not be disheartened। The Lord of comfort is with you to take away your fear. In Joel 2:21, He encourages us to rejoice in Him and that He would do great and mighty things for us.Once, a journalist had been imprisoned in China for writing against the government. After imprisonment, he fell ill and was recovering. He was taken for a walk and a policeman happened to come opposite to him. The journalist began to tremble and started crawling in order to avoid him. It was the torture implemented by the policemen in the prison that made him to tremble and behave so crazily! This is what fear does to a person!In the Bible, we see God testifying about a man called Job to satan, "Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil?"Even he had to suffer mighty losses. He lost all his ten children, possessions, cattle, wealth and health in just one day! This was because he lived in constant fear that he might lose his children, wealth, cattle and everything he owned. He bewails in tears, “For the thing I greatly feared has come upon me, and what I dreaded has happened to me” (Job 3:25). Fear is not of God.Beloved! Our Lord Jesus clearly tells us whom to fear and whom not to fear. He says, “I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!” (Luke 12:4,5). Yes, God clearly states we should never fear satan or man but Him. The Lord says, "Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom" (Luke 12:32).Dear friend, the fear of the Lord will prosper you and will exalt you in life.Prayer:Loving Heavenly Father,I thank You for Your word. Help me not to fear man or satan. Help me to over come fear filled thoughts with Your word and prayer. Father, help me to fear You at all times in life and let it bring blessings and honour. In Jesus’ name I pray.Amen.

- Dr. D.G.S. Dhinakaran

No comments: